Auxiliary Katy ISD Senior Essay Scholarship 2022-2023 Theme:
“Why is it important to honor our Veterans and Active-Duty Service members?”
VFW Auxiliary Post 9182 of Katy Texas is pleased to offer a $3,000 scholarship to a deserving Katy ISD High School Senior.
Eligibility Requirements :
Open to a high school senior who is a son. daughter, granddaughter, or grandson of a Veteran who has served honorably or son, daughter, granddaughter, or grandson of a member of the military with active duty status.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must provide evidence of active duty status or veteran status having served honorably.
- Must be a high school senior enrolled in a high school in Katy ISD or a Katy ISD home school program.
- Must not be convicted under state or federal law for sale of possession of illegal drugs or any other crime.
- Must agree to authorize VFW Auxiliary Post 9182 of Katy to publicize the scholarship award with a photo.
- Must be accepted to an accredited university/college.
Documents to Submit with Application:
- Link to Application This form may be filled in on line and printed or saved on your computer.
- A copy of the Veteran’s honorable service demonstrating an honorable discharge, DD-214 or a letter from commanding officer certifying active duty status or a copy of duty orders.
- A copy of a recent high school transcript or report card.
- Acceptance letter stating student status from an accredited university.
- A resume of employment, awards, community service for the past four years.
- Essay (of no less than 350 or no more than 500 words) on the theme at the top of this page.
The essay will be judged on adherence to the theme, style, originality and overall quality.
- One letter of recommendation.
- Essay and all supporting documents to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org,
or mailed to
VFW Post 9182 Auxiliary
Attention: Jo Anne Hays
6206 George Bush Drive
Katy, Texas 77492
- All documents must be received by March 6
- Winner will be announced at Senior Award Ceremony or notified by phone or mail by May 1
- A check in the award amount will be sent to the student’s school.
- The school will provide the VFW Auxiliary Post 9182 with a receipt for the award amount receive and credited to the student.